Sunday, July 18, 2010

Waiting...

…With bated breath for school to start up. It feels like I’ve been waiting my whole life to do this and now that I’m almost there it’s taking forever. Only seven more weeks to go. I’m torn (aren’t I always) between wishing that school would just start already and trying to relish every single one of my last moments as a stay-at-home mom. Surely enough it’ll never be like this again.

My life seems pretty uninteresting right now compared to what’s ahead. I have to keep reminding myself to stop, breathe, be present with my children. They’ll never be this size again and I know a time will come when I‘ll really miss all these long crazy days. Part of me, I think, is hoping that maybe, enough love and attention and time now will be enough to get them through the next few months until the semester ends. Months when I may not have the kind of time and attention available to give that I have now.

So, with that in mind, I didn’t do anything today. (Well, I cleaned my house. That’s always a pretty major accomplishment.) The kids had their lunch picnic style in the front yard, I made silly faces with our two-year-old, I nursed the baby, we all sat around and ate popcorn before bed, and I sat around waiting and waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment